Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Home Sweet Home

           Drum roll please. It's finally here, a blog post all about our cute little home! I know many of you have been asking to see pictures of our home since we first got it but I wanted to make sure that everything was the way we wanted it to be (for now). There are still so many projects I have in mind for our home but I still love how it is now!

Before Zack and I even began talking about marriage we both agreed that owning a home was the way we wanted to go. We both felt that renting was just not for us and that owning a home was the best option for our future. We started looking for places before we were engaged; we went over our budget and what we could afford. We spoke about our future goals and the things we wanted in a home.

Zack of course wanted a big back yard and a garage; I wanted lots and lots of closet space and 2 or more bedrooms. After Zack popped the question our first task was to find a place to live before anything else. At this time we had met with a realtor (Tim & Melissa Kammeyer) who by the way were so amazing and made the process so easy and simple! The one thing I was most afraid of was that the process was going to be so long and difficult because these were the things I’ve heard from other people. But going through Tim & Melissa seriously made buying a home such an enjoyable experience!

Once we met with our realtor we started really looking into homes. We both wanted to stay close to our families because we enjoyed the area we grew up in, so Tim worked his magic and found some homes near our parents that were in our price range. This was the one thing that was really difficult about buying a home.

I knew that the homes near our parents were in the higher price range so I wasn’t expecting a Mansion by any means but some of the homes we looked at were...let’s just say interesting and by the 2nd week of looking I was getting a little discouraged. Once we found something we liked we couldn’t take a night to sleep on it and decide if we wanted to make an offer in the morning because it would already be under contract by then and that was making me nervous. Buying a home was such a huge thing in my mind I didn’t want to rush into anything and regret it later.

Our relator was always there when we needed him, he spent so much time finding home after home (I was being a little bit picky I’ll admit). But one Sunday he did it, he found OUR home.

 I remember watching YouTube videos about the home buying process and one thing I remember from a couple was them saying that they thought they would never find a home, but just like marriage, when you find it, you know. This was exactly how I felt when I walked into our home, I remember being so excited and I could not stop smiling! Our realtor kept saying, "Courtney finally likes something!"

Both Zack and I knew this was the home so we decided to put an offer in ASAP! We went back to our realtor’s office and found out that many people were interested in the home and ready to put offers in, so Zack and I decided to offer a little more then the asking price. And 2 days later, on March 20 we found out that we got it!! I was so excited and just kept thinking about all the amazing decorating I’d get to do!

The next step was the closing process which Tim & Melissa let us know was the process that would take the longest. Before we knew it we were signing what felt like 500 pages and the waiting game was on for our move in date.

On April 16 we were finally able to move in.

I am not going to show that outside of home simple because, creepers. (:

But here is the before pictures of our home, when it was still empty (were missing the master bath and I am so sad because we did so much work on that bathroom)

Bathroom 
Office
 Kitchen
 Kitchen
 Living Room
 Extra Bedroom
Master Bedroom



Here are the after pictures.

 Bathroom

Office 
Kitchen








Living Room



 This is by far my favorite thing in our home, I love that we decided to do these shelves instead of hanging pictures because the pictures can easily be changed without having a bunch of holes in the walls, and we can add decorations for each holiday.




Extra (storage) Room
2nd Bath


Master Bedroom






I love the simple bedroom we have, and the pop of yellow brings it all together. The one thing I am planning to change is instead of the "C" (for Collard NOT Courtney) I want two big black and white pictures (which I am hoping to get for Christmas, hint hint for anyone who has to get me a gift). I also LOVE our blanket that was hand made as a Wedding gift from my aunts.

Well that is our first home. (: I hope you all enjoyed getting a little look inside our home, living on our own and being married is so much fun. I still feel like it’s not real and that I am playing house.

I just wanted to give a big thank you to our families/Tim & Melissa Kammeyer and all that they do/did for us to be able to have the amazing life we have today. I am so grateful for all your support in everything we do. You mean the world to Zack and I. (:


Love Always,

The Crazy Collards

Find me on Social Media!
Instagram- Mrscourtcollard
Twitter- https://twitter.com/CourtneyMcLachl
Pinterest- http://www.pinterest.com/smallsballs5/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment