Monday, November 3, 2014

Peace Out "Social Media"

Okay seriously people. I read this article today and it really changed my outlook on "Social Media" and how things really are in the time we live in. This article explains how social media is ruining relationships and I cannot even begin to explain how true it is.
Do you remember being a little kid? What were your summer days like? Heck, what did you do every day after school?
You played OUTSIDE! Ya know, this magical mysterious place where the world is your playground and your imagination made anything possible. Even when it was freezing outside we'd be playing in the snow for hours. That’s just what you did. We didn’t have "cell phones" or "I-pads."
It’s so sad to see kids these days go DAYS without even playing outside. Being so advanced and being able to have a mini computer in our pockets is so amazing but its destroying so many of us.
In this article is explains how social media is distracting us from the relationships with those around us and I found myself guilty of distracting myself from the relationships around me. My husband, my family, my dog! I find myself spending more time on my phone then with the people around me. The simple moments of eating dinner with Zack or watching our favorite show, I find MYSELF getting out my phone and giving my attention elsewhere. I am not doing harm to those relationships but I am not giving it my full attention when I should be.

We do not know when people will disappear from our lives. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, so this month I am challenging myself (and those around me) to put your electronics away. Give more attention to those around us, our loved ones. Whatever it is, it can wait. Wake up each morning, roll over and tell your spouse you love them. Don't get on Facebook or Instagram. Wake up and tell a family member how grateful you are for them. Don't update your Twitter feed. Take more adventures, go spend time outside (it still exists, crazy I know). I want the little moments to be more meaningful and my phone is keeping me from that. I will save social media for my alone time. People deserve my full attention and I deserve theirs. So Peace Out Social Media, I'd like to spend more time with my fam bam.









Love Always,
The Crazy Collards 

No comments:

Post a Comment