Saturday, December 13, 2014

Half a Year!!

 Okay, can we all say it together? "Courtney where have you been??"

I am so sorry guys! Seriously, life has been busy lately and it’s been hard to find time to do anything!! But I made it a priority to get my blog up and running again!!

Guys! Can you believe I’ve been married for six months!! Six months, as in, half a year!! Where has the time gone! I feel like I got married yesterday! 
With that being said, I thought it would be a fun idea to let you all know how marriage is. Hopefully some of you can relate and hopefully some of you can see what it’s REALLY like to be married. Let’s get started!

1. Life is not about just you anymore. I don't know if it was just me or not but this was a really hard adjustment for me. 

I have OCD; let’s just get that out there.

 I like things my way and if things don't go my way or don't follow my schedule I get really, really scattered and it just messes with me. Marriage has made me realize that I not only have to plan my schedule but I have to work with someone else as well. And Sometimes that person doesn't always want to go along with what I have planned, (cough cough, Zack). 

Marriage has taught me patience, not only with myself but with my hubby.


2. Marriage is the good, bad & the ugly. Living with someone 24/7 you get to see a vulnerable side of them that you might not have seen before. You get to see them at their best moments and their worst and there is nothing you can do to stop that. Let’s just say I’ve had my moments where Zack has no idea what to do... (Bawling my eyes out because Harlee chewed up my new shoes. I’m a girl what can you expect?) (; But he was there to hold me and tell me everything was going to be okay. Or the time I got food poisoning on the way to a family reunion and we had to stop at a park bathroom and I prayed to God that the door was unlocked. He laughed at me yes, but he never judged me. 

No matter what happens I will always love my husband, though the good, bad and the ugly.

3. Marriage makes you want babes. I heard this all the time before getting married and thought no way. But seriously guys, I just want babies! I see people with babies, I die. I see baby clothes, I die.  I see people Prego, I die. I have no idea where this baby crazy person came from but it’s scary! Even though I want babes, I know I want to build our lives up to a point where we are both emotionally and physically ready for that next step.

So for those of you waiting for it to happen, I can tell you it won’t be soon. Sorry. (:

4. Marriage makes you beyond grateful for your family. Being married and living on my own gives me a whole new perspective on my parents, and my siblings. All I have to ask is, “Mom and Dad how in the heck did you do it?”

I have a whole new level of respect for my parents. Raising 5 children (all of which were girls $$$) could not have been easy. And I am so sorry for being such a devil child! You guys did so much for us and I didn’t notice it until now.

Paying your own bills, living on your own, AND making your own dinner. Let’s get real, it’s tough.

5. Last but not least marriage makes you discovery who you really are. Loving someone to a point of wanting to spend the rest of your life with them is deep. I have a love for Zack that I cannot explain with words. Without him I am not a whole. He truly is my better half.
Loving him teaches me to have love for myself. I believe that you can’t give someone your full love unless you love yourself.
Think about it. When you’re sad or upset with yourself, you give off that energy to those around you.

When Zack tells me I’m beautiful or that he loves me, he reminds me to love myself.

Marriage is the bee’s knees guys.

It teaches you a lot and helps you grow not only as an individual but as a couple. I am so glad Zacky picked me to be his wife!




Love Always,
The Crazy Collards 

No comments:

Post a Comment