Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Our First Christmas

Hey everyone! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas! It was so nice to have a few days off work and just relax with the family.

Was it just me or did this Christmas feel different? 

Here in Utah we didn't get any snow until Christmas day so I think that played a big part in it.
Or maybe it was because up until the last second I was running around like a mad woman trying to get everything ready and making sure everything was perfect.

Other then it not feeling like Christmas AT ALL, Zack and I had an amazing first Christmas together.

It was weird not being with my family opening presents and knowing what all the presents under the tree were.

But I did have a good time spoiling my lovely husband and watching him open all his presents that he had no idea about. (:

To start off our Christmas week I woke up in the middle of the night so sick, so Monday I spent the morning in the doctor’s office. Perfect way to start off the break if you ask me. And bonus the medicine they put me on doesn’t allow me to eat/drink anything dairy. Please help me think of things I can eat because I am running out of ideas.

Christmas Eve, we spent the night with my family (tradition) doing a turkey dinner and exchanging gifts. 

Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year.

 I enjoy it more than Christmas. I love all the excitement of the kids waiting for Santa, and all the traditions that come along with it. My nieces and nephew make Christmas so special for me. The magic that’s in their eyes makes the craziness all worth it.

 



Christmas day was seriously so crazy I felt like I couldn't just relax for a minute. We started off by waking up and opening all of our presents.

The best part of Christmas morning was watching how excited Harlee was with all her presents. She couldn’t decide what she wanted to play with first. She seriously just laid on her new bed with all her toys wagging her tail.
I am pretty sure that was the best day of her life.





Next was watching Zacky open all his presents.





And then my turn. 
My husband spoils me (even though I picked everything out) (;



After that we went over to Zack's parents and watched his little brother and sister open their gifts. (Note we woke up at 6:45. I was a walking zombie all day.)

We then went over to my parents’ house to see what my little sisters got.

We then rushed home; made all the food we were assigned, got ready and rushed over to Zack’s grandparents. We had some lunch and opened presents. We had to leave early and rush over to my Grandparents. After that party we went back to Zack's parents to exchange gifts and have dinner. All in all it was a very hectic crazy Christmas, but I enjoyed spending time with family and opening all the amazing gifts I was given.

My goal for next Christmas is to make sure that I make time to get a little Christmas spirit going. I was so busy since like the beginning of November getting all the gifts ready I didn’t really get much time to enjoy all the amazing holiday things I used to. Next year I am bringing the Christmas spirit back! 

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and that you all have a Happy New Year! Thanks for stopping by.




Love Always, The Crazy Collards  

No comments:

Post a Comment